got Nissan prairie from uk car dealer. japanese import. radio does not go past 90.0 fm.

brought a Nissan prairie from a uk car dealer. it is a japanese import but the radio works but it does not go any further than 90.0 fm. i wanted to get radio 1 (98.2fm) but i can only get radio 2 or anything in between 80.0fm and 90.0fm or something. does anyone know what to do, or maybe to reset it or anything.

Thanks

Comments

• Japanese FM band is lower than ours at 76 to 90. Take the radio out and see if there is a switch on the back, there just might be. Otherwise Jaycar sell a converter that switches the received frequency to match ours; the display will still be wrong but the sound will be the right station, or perhaps best replace the radio

www.jaycarelecttronics.co.uk

Part number AR-3100 £13.75

• it particularly is a undemanding false impression that Honda and Toyota are the bulletproof manufacturers interior the corporate. All eastern manufacturers are approximately as good as one yet another, different than for Mitsubishi and Mazda. Why? nicely, Mitsubishi's 3000GT and Eclipse are American engineered and are the two factually shown to be rubbish for reliability (particularly right down to the AWD gadget and gearbox, neither of that can take lots abuse). And as for Mazda, they produce the rotary engine which, if some thing is going incorrect, is actual greater decrease priced and much less confusing to replace the engine thoroughly particularly than rebuild it. in addition they burn oil somewhat frequently and require so lots greater TLC to maintain it working optimally. thankfully nevertheless you in basic terms truly could stress approximately this in case you purchase an RX7 or an RX8, neither of that are on your budget. truly evade the 3000GT/GTO and Eclipse and you would be dandy. individually i could choose a Subaru or a Nissan through fact they are relaxing to force and additionally particularly good.

• yes i had an import ... what you need is a Radio Band Expander goes in aerial wire put this number into ebay uk 220235414405 radio will get all stations ....but display number will be different radio 1 might be 10.2 it works..