Sony Vaio E series duel boot windows 7 and xp problem?

well i have a 2010-2011 Sony vaio e series model number vpceb33fm with 300 gig HD, i3 intel, windows 7 home premium x64 and 4 gigs of memory. now I'm having trouble installing xp, it goes through the process of loading the drivers and then when in says "windows is starting" it goes to the blue screen of death. it just won't let me even install windows xp on to it.

but it will boot up Linux except for the fact that Linux doesn't have any drivers for the mouse built in ha ha. i like messing around with new operating systems and i could really use some help. i've been having to use virtual box and its just not the same

Comments

• If you are running a dual-boot setup with more than one Windows operating system, It’s pretty easy to configure the default boot operating system with the GUI interface. Note that if you are using Windows 7 or Vista as one of the operating systems, you will need to make this change from 7/Vista, not XP.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/easil...

I assume you created a new partition for Windows XP, are the install disc set new, a set from another install, does the disc set have the correct drivers for the lap top ?

Dual Boot Windows 7 with XP/Vista in three easy steps

http://www.techspot.com/guides/143-dual-boot-windo...

• I take it that your machine came with 7 on it. I'm not familiar with Linux. You were able to install it on a Windows 7 new machine?

If so I can see why I hear good things about Linux. Anyway, I think the XP installation is a matter of partitioning. The 7 that came with the machine is most likely using the entire disc capacity, and so naturally you can't add another Windows system.

To do what you want, you will probably have to choose between 2 options. Buy partitioning software or erase the disc and then partition for several operating systems. In the latter, you will need to reinstall Windows 7 as well.