How exactly do dogs mate?

I was reading "the encyclopedia of dogs" and I came across a page of two dogs mating. It showed a picture of them rear to rear but the caption said they were still "locked together". How can this happen in such a weird position? How exactly do dogs mate with one another?

Comments

• The male will mount the female from behind, and once he enters the female, the bulb us gland swells, tying him in place. Once done, the male may dismount leaving them still joined and standing rear to rear. The penis is plyable enough to allow this to happen, but both dogs need to be kept quiet or both could be injured. Once the male relaxes, the tie is broken.

• When dogs mate they start out with the male on the female.They get locked together and don't come apart until the male ejaculates.The female usually drags the male around by his penis(poor wee thing),and they usually end up rear to rear.It usually takes about 10 minutes.I'm not sure what exactly holds them together like that,but it does look rather uncomfortable for all involved.Puppies are born approximately 63 days later.

• Well....when dogs mate the male mounts the female and after 63 days the female bears her puppy's.So their it is thats how dogs mate

• The male mounts the female from behind.

• the male dog ***** the female dog in the ***

the dogs weiner gets a lot longer when he is excited, it's like a lipstick tube. then he sprays his sperm into the female's butt.