Dog names confused?

I'm really confused on pedigree and show dogs names. So I understand if you register your dog to a kennel club then you hace to give the dog a name which would be your kennels name then the name you desire to call the dog so I get that. But what are all these other dog names on Spanish, Italian and other dog breeds like "Mina de Atlantida Can" or "Gilda De Los Cardones"? What are those names and how do you get them?

Comments

• In some cases, the breeder would provide the "foundation" and have you select the call name depending on the litter. So, for instance, My kennel is "Big Billy Bobs"....and you have a puppy from the "E" litter. Before you get papers, you need to give me a name that starts with "E". You select Edith. Your puppy registration application comes wit the name already filled in with "Big Billy Bobs Edith". You may actually CALL the dog "Fritz". If the breeder has no established kennel name, the application is generally blank and you can make up whatever you want.

As far as foreign sounding names,,,the dog may be from another country. What in the U.S. may be Big Billy Bobs kennel, easily turns into Chateau De Bobs Big Billy (or some ****). Depending on the breed, people tend to name their kennel something that SOUNDS like the country of origin. German Shepherd kennels in the U.S. often refer to their kennel as Vom Haus. So, Edith becomes "Edith Vom Haus Big Billy Bob". OF course, then you'd probably not go with Big Billy Bob as your kennel name. You'd want to sound German-ish. Something like "Edith Vom Haus Big Adolph Bob".

In reality, it makes no difference. It just makes it easy to identify a popular kennel. ANy time you see Pohranicni Straze in a GSD name, you can immediately associate it with the famous Czech breeding program.