famous frankenstein quote?

what was that famous quote the monster said? something along the lines "if i can't have it, then no one can," Im trying to use this for a poster and I cant find it in the book or the net,

thanks!

Comments

• Is this what you're referring to? This is when Victor tells the creature he has stopped working on the woman...his mate.

The monster saw my determination in my face, and gnashed his teeth in the impotence of anger. "Shall each man," cried he, "find a wife for his bosom, and each beast have his mate, and I be alone? I had feelings of affection, and they were requited by detestation and scorn. Man! you may hate; but beware! your hours will pass in dread and misery, and soon the bolt will fall which must ravish from you your happiness for ever. Are you to be happy while I grovel in the intensity of my wretchedness? You can blast my other passions; but revenge remains -- revenge, henceforth dearer than light or food! I may die; but first you, my tyrant and tormentor, shall curse the sun that gazes on your misery. Beware; for I am fearless, and therefore powerful. I will watch with the wiliness of a snake, that I may sting with its venom. Man, you shall repent of the injuries you inflict."

• How about some thing about reader reaction theories? it particularly is largely been those days that Frankenstein replaced into regarded as a feminist novel. or you'll probably favor to talk about diverse feminisms, yet you'll probably settle on for more beneficial acceptable than a information superhighway website for that.. good fulfillment! playstation , attempt studying this editon of Frankenstein because it has some particularly exciting essays in it that praise many severe readings of the e book: Mary Shelley, Frankenstein, ed. Johanna M. Smith (Boston & vast apple, Bedford Books of St. Martins press)

• The only quote I remember is, "MMMRRRMRMRMMMMMM! BRAAAAAAINS!"