Dodge Dakota code help please...?

Dodge Dakota code P 0441 can any one with a code book out there help me and tell me what it is? Thank you.. and Have a great one!

Comments

• that is a code for a emission leak, check your gas cap. if that dont fix it you probably have some hoses leaking. no big deal and shouldnt be to costly. just tightening the cap wont make the light go out instantly. try unhooking your battery for about 15 minutes after you tighten the cap. if the leak is gone it wont come back on

• you need to tell us what year your dakota is. an evap emissions leak will set this code only if it has the NVLD monitoring system, that dakota would have gotten it in about 2003. if it is older it has the LDP system, and would more likely be a purge solenoid. if you have a newer truck, the most likely cause is the NVLD itself. it has a switch that closes when the purge solenoid lets the engine draw 1 inch of vacuum in the tank. when the switch in it goes bad, it will close at 3 or 4 inches, but by that time you have set the purge failure code because it thinks the valve didn't open.

• Autozone will read your codes for free and they give you a little receipt with a definition of the code, explanation, and some possible causes.

I did a web search on your code, and it seems to be something to do with the evaporative system.

• P0441 : Evaporative emission control system incorrect purge flow

Maybe a plugged up EGR valve. Also could be a failed EGR solenoid.