Acer vs Toshiba? Quality?

So I'm about to get a notebook, and all I can afford right now is either an Acer 5742z-4918 or a Toshiba C665-SP5019L.

Which one do you recommend? I don't mind the computer's design, I just want the one that has less failures and of better quality and performance.

Thank you!

Comments

• The brand of computers on the market have very similar reliability records. One doesn't stand above the rest. Both Toshiba and Acer are strong companies that build good products.

The most important factor is how you will be using your computer. Getting the right processor, RAM, and hard drive size will make a cheap computer look good. An expensive machine for most people is a waste of money.

The link below contains a video at the bottom of the page that shows you how to buy the best computer for your needs.

• I hold both companies in very high regards, but with that being said Toshiba laptops have yet to really fail me in any regard. I have not tried acer notebooks beyond a netbook, and that also performed well and was well made. I guess I would personally skew towards Toshiba, I have no reason to change something that works.

• This isn't likely to be of much help, but I have been running Acers (both desktop and laptop) for approx five years, and my brother has been using Toshiba laptops for around the same time.

Neither of us have had any issues with the hardware at all.

So, I guess what I'm trying to say is that it all comes down to YOUR personal preference.

BTW: - The Toshiba DOES have MUCH better built-in speakers.

• Acer vs Toshiba : needless to say TOSHIBA is right between the two yet Acer laptops are low priced while in comparison with toshiba. Intel vs AMD processor: I heard AMD has the challenge of extra potential dissipation. Intel is right to flow. frequently human beings desire Intel (those days Intel center 2 Duo Processor) processor based laptops for every day use. So i decide for to propose you to decide for Intel processor based laptops. desire this helps!

• Personally I've had many problems with Toshiba laptops and heard so many bad things about them. I've got one I could fix for 20 bucks but it's not worth it cause they're so renowned for having problems. I would go with the Acer. Not all their products are top quality and they usually show wear after a few years but hey their components are good and the laptops seem to last.

• I've had an acer desktop and im using my Toshiba satellite c6775d right now to type this. I'd go with the toshiba

• Toshiba hands down is the best. Have 5 in the family from 7 yrs.old to 6 months old and all work like new. You will have to learn to use the new Windows 7 operating system.

Using Windows 7 http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/use/def...

• I'd go w/ Toshiba, I rarely see bad reviews for any of their products. Now Acer on the other hand, that's a different story.

• I've had good luck with Toshiba. I haven't heard much bad in regards to Acer but I have no first hand experience with them so I can't recommend them in good faith.