why does yahoo allow nigerians access to my email?

we all know they are not the fbi or any other govt. agency as they claim , yet you dont stop it. are there no fricking rules for them? and then you tell people they cant say what s on their mind, TWO FACED world of the www and your community guidelines, what about our community? No first amendment?what if in a niger ?

Comments

• Yahoo has spam filters in place, but they aren't perfect (I used to work for a few companies that make spam filters, and 99.95% was about as good as it ever got). If spam gets through, you can click the "mark as spam" button and Yahoo will update its filters.

Blocking spam is quite a complex problem. Sure, it's easy to say "Block everything from Nigeria" but the problem is, most of those Nigerian scam spams don't actually COME from Nigeria. Spammers have a lot of tricks to try and hide their origins. This includes things like using other peoples' email servers or email accounts, or using anonymizing proxies.

Fortunately, most Nigerian scams look the same, so many filter-rules can simply look for similar sounding language or wording, and try to make a determination based on that. As I said, it's not perfect, and most systems would rather err on the side of letting email through, rather than accidentally blocking that 1 in a 1,000,000 message that was actually legitimate.

So, just keep clicking that "Mark as spam" button and you'll hopefully see less spam.

• The understanding that could were had to attach the dots is a few sort of proof by means of the daddy rather then his phrase (i.e., terrorist paraphernalia). The difficulty is that Nigerians simply are not riskless. That's what to me makes it fall in need of a smoking gun. I'm certain you would not believe a Nigerian both with out a few rough proof. Now, concerning the passport, that are meant to were spotted in Amsterdam with out the USA having to inform EU officers. If he took an instantaneous flight to the USA, he could not ever have made it wherever practically right here; therefore why he went via an EU nation. Once he made it via Amsterdam, I'm no longer certain the USA would have performed some thing. My reply is: It's simply in need of a smoking gun, as a result of Nigerian unreliability.