Most economical 4x6 photo printer?

I do pet photos to raise funds for a local shelter and currently using an HP Photosmart 130 while I'm on the shoot so I can print out a couple of 4x6's for each person. While the ink normally lasts a long time in these printers since I'm using a red holiday background the ink's running out ridiculously fast. And at $45 a pop having to get a new one after two sessions is cutting into the money that goes to the shelter.

Can anyone recommend an inexpensive 4x6 printer that perhaps has separate cartridges for each colour so I don't have to get a new cartridge just because the red runs out?

Here's some of my pics if anyone's interested http://www.organizedbycats.com/pawsforacausephotos...

Update:

Note - it doesn't have to be an only prints 4x6 printer. It just has to be somewhat small as I need to easily be able to bring it to shoots.

Comments

• THe HPis cheaper if you know how to operate it. First of all, NEVER use the BEST mode and you will automatically get at 50 prints of 4 x 6 . Secondly. Use good quality glossy paper. The secret is there so no matter if you set to bEST or whatever, the output will not be noticably better. Set the print to NORMAL and see for yourself. The output is till photo quality.

I would, on the other hand , suggest the HP A646. This has the best review and is veryyyyyyyy portable. The quality is really really LAB QUALITY.

http://www.shopping.hp.com/product/printer/Photosm...

• I have a Canon Selphy photo printer.This can be purchased at Best Buy for under 100.00.

I have used mine for three years and the quality of prints is outstanding.Mine usually gets 30-35

photos between changing the inexpensive cartridges.

HP is not good.That is the brand Pet Smart supplies the rescue groups in the Pets with Santa pictures.But have to go by what corporate says.Poor photos and all.

• there is not any question that a provider is extra reasonable than doing it your self. i exploit online amenities that fee 10 cents a print and oftentimes furnish loose ones. yet i like having the flexibility to bypass to an adventure and print photographs day after right this moment.