Why do jobs not offer car insurance?

..? It seems like at most jobs you can get other insurance benefits such as health, dental, vision, life etc... but no car insurance! Why is that? Will it change?

Comments

• Honestly, I DO work for a company that offers insurance for auto, home or renters insurance. HOWEVER, it is NOT offered at a discount. The only advantage to using the benefit is that you can get it as a payroll deduction and never have to worry about paying for your insurance. (and I am not talking about insurance for a company car. I AM talking about insurance for your personal car and property available to ANY employee who works for the company.)

I priced it once and the company that was being used by my employer could not give me a better rate than I was already getting from my current insurance company, so I did not change my policies.

• No, they would never offer car insurance, except for certain jobs where they are furnishing a car, or someone drives their own car for sales jobs, or a few others. For just a regular employee, no they do not & never will. I wouldn't want my employer choosing my car insurance. I don't want them choosing any insurance I have. I would rather choose.

• They would never offer car insurance, except for certain jobs where they are furnishing a car, or someone drives their own car for sales jobs, or a few others. For just a regular employee,

• The insurance you see being offered are not ego based. The ego is involved in driving and when ignorance plays a party in a benifit then there is no way to offer a family plan on the ego.

• There is no legal requirement to offer that type of insurance so it's not offered. Too much hassle as different people have such dramatically different driving records.

• The don't provide homeowner's insurance, renter's insurance, flood insurance, or any other insurance for anything you own. They provide insurance only for your body, not for anything of your property.

• Never going to happen; not in the US, because most people drive like maniacs. One has fleet insurance at work that covers work vehicles; that's about it.

• Some will offer a company car, or a personal reimbursement if you use your car in the business. But if you don't - companies don't offer it, because it costs them too much, and they can't deduct it off of their taxes.

• Some offer access to Affinity plans, but that's about it.

• It has nothing to do with the job. Not all companies offer dental, vision, life, etc.