In Outlook Express, how do you.....?

.....Every time I exit Outlook Express, I get a message that asks me if I want to compact messages to free up disc space. I prefer to delete messages instead of freeing up disc space, because when I did it before it was impossible to retrieve those messages again in a form that I could read them, they just got stored on my hard drive, with no purpose there.

How do I get rid of this message because one day when I'm feeling tired I might not concentrate and hit the "Yes" button, when I mean "No"?

Comments

• Hello -

Unfortunately, this is a "maintenance" procedure that the computer does, and will keep nagging until you go through with it.

I've tried numerous steps to try and prevent this message from coming up, but to no avail. So finally I let it do the "compact" whenever it wanted, and so far I haven't had any problems. This was a few years ago. Then I started recommending to my clients when this particular message appeared to go ahead and let it finish. Again, no problems reported thus far.

The only thing this cleanup procedure does is to go through your messages and do a "defrag" if you will of the messages. I know it's not really a defrag, but it's similar.

Hope this helps and saves you some time!