Navy Reserve - Master's Degree?

I am a police officer with the NYPD and am hoping to join the Navy Reserve. I would like to enroll in the online/distance learning Masters Degree Program for Criminal Justice at the University of Cincinnati. Would the Navy Reserve pay for tuition?

Comments

• The information is all available on the US Navy Reserve website

http://www.navyreserve.com/

The Post-9/11 GI Bill is a benefit program that provides generous educational assistance to those with qualifying Active Duty service on or after September 11, 2001. In general, eligibility requires a minimum of 90 days of aggregate service for Reservists since this date, or at least 30 days of continuous Active Duty service if discharged due to a service-connected disability since this date.

Approved training through the Post-9/11 GI Bill includes:

Undergraduate and graduate degrees

Vocational/technical training

Licensing and certification test reimbursement

The available benefit depends upon your qualifying length of service. At its maximum, the Post-9/11 GI Bill essentially gives recipients the ability to receive an in-state, undergraduate education at a qualifying public institution at no cost. To receive the maximum payout, you must have 36 months of aggregate service on or after September 11, 2001

• it is pronounced as "U.S. Naval Reserve" you may in all probability get a value as an Ensign, if no longer, then you definitely could are available in at an more desirable enlisted paygrade. Your degree could artwork nicely for the score information structures Technician, or it is going to make it easier to while you're taking a value to artwork in a technical field. From what I comprehend those with a CS/IT historic past qualify for the DCO application.

• I think you should talk to the officer in charge on the Navy Reserve, they are only the ones who knows how it is done.