How do I report a car insurance claim?

I understand I need to get on the phone and talk to them about what happened but I have two things I need to report. The first is my electrical harness shorted out (its on a 35 year old corvette) and burned up the harness as well as the carpet in a small area. A new electrical harness is about 1000 and carpet is roughly 300. I have my car insured through hagerty with a 0 deductable but im not sure how to go about reporting this. Also I was rear ended yesterday. when i got out to inspect the damages I honestly didnt see anything because it was dark out. The other driver gave me his name and phone number just in case I discovered anything the next day so i did not grab his insurance info. I noticed that although there was no damage, the paint started cracking which is barely noticeable but thats besides the point. What exactly do I need to do to file a claim and get this stuff replaced?

Comments

• You can try putting in a claim on you comprehensive policy for the electrical fire - I am not sure how successful that may be.

As far as the scratch on your bumper, you will need to get the other party's insurance info If you intend to file a claim. Give him a call.

• The burned out harness isn't covered under auto insurance. It's a mechanical issue.

The rear end accident is covered under collision. Simply call them. They will ask questions, you answer them. They'll tell you what to do and what happens next.

• Your electrical problem on a 35 year old car isn't covered by any insurance I am aware of.

Call the other gentleman and ask for his insurance information, you have no other option at this point.

• You call the insurance of course and you tell them the info they ask you.

• You call the insurance claims department number on your insurance ID card and talk to them.

• the area of do is to touch your coverage, clarify each little thing and desire for the appropriate. good success. RE: Will waiting to document automobile coverage declare VOID the declare? i latterly have been given into an accident the place i became into no longer at fault. It became into at a hectic intersection, so she gave me her coverage information and left without police document and neither human beings referred to as our coverage firms. i became into unlikely to document a declare because of the fact the wear and tear to my automobile became into minimum, yet my neck soreness, that became into minor on the time, is unlikely away and is getting gradually worse. Do you think of the coverage employer could deny the declare because of the fact it't have adequate money for my rates to bypass up without repayment.