Sending mobile phone as a parcel to india fom australia?

I have 3 mobile phone handsets which i do not use any more, i live in melbourne and i want to send them to india (delhi) so that my family and friends can use them. I do not have any recent travel plans so i am thinking of using parcel service to send them. Is there any way i can send them? What would be the approximate cost? Are there any custom or security regulations regarding electronic goods? Who should i contact if i want to send them?

Australia post said they dont do it.

Comments

• Wrap the phones in bubble wrap. Put them in a box, wrap in brown paper and stick down with heavy duty sticky tape. Write TO and name and address of the person you are sending them to on the front. Write FROM and your name and address on the back.

Take the parcel to the post office. Ask to have the parcel weighed and the cost of sending it to India. You can then decide if the cost is worth the effort.

If you want to continue you will be given a form to fill in, do so honestly. Pay the money and there you go.

I have no idea why the post office staff told you they would not do it. It is their job.