Daughter's dad?

I gave him temporary guardianship while I'm in basic and "A" school and now he's saying he won't sign her back over to me. Does he have that right/power?

Comments

• Unless you are out of the military you CAN'T hold custody the military DOESN'T admit single parents PERIOD!

"For example, in the Marine Corps, one must give up legal custody (by court order) of their child(ren), and then wait one year or more before being eligible for enlistment. For Navy enlistments, the waiting period is six months and the court-order must make it very plain that the transfer in custody is permanent.

In the Army and Air Force, single member parent applicants who, at the time of initial processing for enlistment, indicate they have a child or children in the custody of the other parent or another adult are advised and required to acknowledge by certification that their intent at the time of enlistment was not to enter the Air Force/Army with the express intention of regaining custody after enlistment.

These applicants must execute a signed statement testifying they have been advised that, if they regain custody during their term of enlistment, they will be in violation of the stated intent of their enlistment contract. They may be subject to involuntary separation for fraudulent entry unless they can show cause, such as the death or incapacity of the other parent or custodian, or their marital status changes from single to married."

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joiningthemilitary/...

• Post the temporary guardianship agreement you signed. We also need to know who had legal custody.

• depends on what you agreed to! if the agreement is violated, then you will have to petition family court to mediate the disagreement! try doing it without a lawyer, cuz they will bleed you dry...

• Sounds like it was not "temporary".