Toronto firefighter paramedic?

Are there any firefighter paramedics in toronto? I usually only see firefighter emt's in toronto. Is it common to be a firefighter and a paramedic in toronto?

Also i wanted to ask a question. If you become a firefighter paramedic in toronto ontario, should you go to school to be a paramedic first, or go for firefighting first and then paramedic? Which way is better?

I really want to be involved in this proffession and i've done much research on it.

Thanks.

Comments

• Why not contact the Toronto Fire Fighters and or the Toronto Paramedics and get the right answer straight from them?

• Yes, you'll come to be a police officer earlier than you're 21. I understand a couple of officials who got here to paintings earlier than they had been 21. If you experience being an EMT and you're within the method of fitting a paramedic the logical step could be to come to be a firefighter/paramedic. Many departments now manage the ambulance carrier and employees with firefighters so you'll rotate off and best paintings at the ambulance approximately a million/two the time. In massive towns there's a burn out difficulty for paramedics. I have a brother who's a retired police officer, a nephew who's a police officer, and I am a retired firefighter.