Do you prefer Joanna or Lydia?

I am thinking Rose or Charlotte as a middle name. Any other middle name suggestions? And what would be a nickname for these names?

Last name is Bjorkland and her siblings are Katherine Leigh Bjorkland (Kate)

Elizabeth Adele Bjorkland (Ellie)

Jacob Andrew Bjorkland (Jake)

Abigail Naomi Bjorkland (Abbie)

Thanks!!!

Comments

• I think Lydia Charlotte is really pretty!

• You have excellent taste in names!

I have to admit I don't like the name Lydia at all (have you ever read Pride and Prejudice? That's what it reminds me of).

I think Joanna is very pretty, and I like Rose and Charlotte for middle names (Rose a bit more). Maybe Grace for a middle name?

Katherine, Elizabeth, Jacob, Abigail, and Joanna

Have you ever thought about perhaps Diana? I think it flows better with the siblings' names.

But if you go with Lydia, then you'll have three children with names from Pride and Prejudice. (The sisters are Jane, Elizabeth, Mary, Catherine, and Lydia.)

• I like Joanna Rose, Lydia Charlotte, or Lydia Rose.

Nicknames for Joanna:

Jo, JoJo (like the singer, whose name is also Joanna), Anna, Annie, Ann

Nicknames for Lydia:

Lyddie is the only one I can think of. It comes from the title character of a book by Katherine Paterson.

• Lydia Jacqueline Bjorkland

• Lydia

• I prefer Joanna.

Lydia is fine, but there's something a little bit prissy about it, for me. Maybe a bit try-hard Austen-esque, if that makes sense. Also, I think "Liddy" is an icky nickname, and there aren't really any other options.

To me, Joanna just sounds fresher and more fun, while still being womanly. And Jo makes a decent nickname.

Ideas for a middle name = Christine, Holly, Hazel, Frances, Margaret, Helene, Claire.

• I really like Lydia Rose - beautiful!

• Joanna

• Joanna

• Lydia Rose Bjorkland (Lyddie)

So cute and it goes great with your other kids!