How do you connect a xbox 360 guitar hero controller to PC?

I was able to install Guitar Hero III for PC and it works great with my computer, however i cannot get the xbox 360 controller to connect.

A few weeks ago i bought one of those wireless USB receivers to connect regular 360 controllers to my PC and it works great. I also read online that i would be able to connect a 360 guitar in the same manner. Every time i try to power both on the 4 quadrants on the guitar just keep blinking no matter what I do. Im running windows vista ultimate and i tried it on XP also. Does anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• MIght want to update your plugins

• Xbox 360 Guitar Hero Controllers

• The question is a little confusing. Wireless or wired guitar? If you have a wired guitar, plugging it into a USB port will get you up and running no problem on Vista. If you are using the wireless gaming receiver, and a wireless guitar, then you need to hold the button on the receiver for a few seconds and then press the sync button on the guitar. I'm not sure where the sync button is offhand, but then the quadrants will stop flashing and it will finally connect to the receiver.