snails come to papa?

this is the first time that i fed my figure 8 puffer with a snail. I droped one yesterday and went to work. when i came back the snail is sitting on a plant ingoing him self. im thinking whats going on puffers love snails so i droped one more, no reaction from my puffer. I wont him to eat but i just cant get him to.

Comments

• Give them snails that are no bigger than their eye. That way they are able to fit them into their mouths and wear down their beaks.

~ZTM

• How big are the snails and the puffer fish? Some snails, like Malaysian trumpets have a very hard shell that are too hard for some smaller puffers to actually crack open.

They do NEED to eat snails or crustaceans with shells just to make sure their "beaks" don't overgrow (their teeth). Puffers are normally very hungry and should go to town on the snail diet.

The other thing I'd check is the salinity of your water. They need to be in brackish waters. Some even thrive (once acclimated) in saltwater tanks.

So..next questions? How big is the puffer? How big and what type are the snails? How much salt is currently in the water?

• Try mashing a snail on the glass,maybe your puffer don't know from snails.

• might try and find an reduce calorie snail.sound like puffer on an diet