Temporary hair color?

I'm looking to do some experimenting with my hair color but don't want anything permanent. I was wondering if there were any temporary hair coloring kits out there I could try. I'd like to have something that would only stay in about a week or so or if I washed it enough (two to three times a day) would come out within a week or so.

Also, I have really dark brown hair. Would anything other than black look right in a temporary color? I'd like to try a light red but I'm not sure if it will work since it won't have peroxide or ammonia in it to lighten my hair.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Comments

• Yes you can buy temporary hair color or a colorists could do it for you. Make sure the box says temporary not permanent. Permanent will be in bags and you will have to mix them, but temporary will be in a tube.

Also, if you have a color like dark brown, it's better to work your way up to a red, rather than dying it red. Meaning dye it maybe a lighter shade of brown and then in a few weeks go red. This way you won't damage it too badly.

• You can get what is called a rinse. when you go the beauty supply store ask about the rinse and they should be able to answers all of your hair questions. a rinse is temporary and at the rate of how much you will wash your hair, it should be gone in a week or maybe sooner. hope I helped.