Is Aspen, Colorado a good place to be a dermatologist?

I want to move to Aspen, Colorado. The skiing, the celebrities, and so many more things. After I graduate medical school, I plan on selling my house in New York and hopefully finding work in Aspen. I'm just worried that I will not be able to afford living there on a doctors salary considering all of the rich people that live there.

Comments

• Maybe, maybe not. Most celebrities are vacationing in Aspen so they might rely on their dermatologist back home, unless one of the Kardashians/Jenners has an emergency break-out or something. The year 'round residents are not necessarily the celebrities, they may be the skiing elite (like the Obermeyer family) and they would need a dermatologist. You'd probably make a better living as a dermatologist in Hollywood, LA, New York City, or Miami, where people are focused on their looks, but then there's probably a lot more dermatologists to compete with. Vail, CO would also be a good choice. Try to get Aspen or Vail for your residency and see what your mentors advise. Or change your specialty to orthopedics or sports medicine.

• You will be using through Vail and Georgetown. Crested Butte is a long force for no longer that much. I'd suggest stopping in Breckenridge or Dillon rather. Sure there are nonetheless remains of a ghost town when you power over Independence pass and it is a wonderful drive. I'd also advocate driving to Maroon Bells.