Favorite make-up brands/types?

I just told my mom I wanted to wear make up and asked her if she could get me some.. I'm in 9th grade. I know, EVERYONE wears make up already. But not me! YET! So she said "sure." and now, I don't know what brands are good. I want, like, a powder coverup, waterproof eyeliner, and maybe some waterproof mascara. Yeah, I cry alot lol. Usually I laugh too hard... then just randomly have tears, and I DONT want it to smear.

And I am terrified of poking my eye out with eyeliner. Also, what color should I get? Brown or black? I'm a little tan... Have darkish brown hair... Idk lol.

So tell me your favorite, and least favorite brands of makeup, why you like them, why you dont. Thanks!!!

Update:

Lol one more thing.. Plz not too pricey?

Comments

• Go for mineral make up, at least for the ones to use on your face. It is less damaging than other liquid products which has a lot of different chemicals in them, plus it's both a foundation and a powder in one so you basically get a perfect result without too much bickering about. There is a lot of different brands that has a mineral alternative now, including drugstore brand. If you live in the US, I would definetely recommend Everyday minerals, considering these are good products who last forever, and their really not that expensive (12 dollars for a large foundation jar).

I would have a brown, black and white/beige eyeliner. You might find one day that you need it :-)

Mascara wise, I love the ones from Max Factor, but this is personal preference so you'll just have to try and fail :-)

The brand I use the most is Everyday minerals (foundation, blush, bronzer, brushes, eyeshadows everything powdery), MAC (eyeliner and lipglosses, NOT skinproducts = horrible breakouts) and I have one mascara from Max Factor. These are the ones that I love, and the ones that I hate above all are Bare minerals (bismuth in their products = very, very bad for skin, pluss its ridiciously expensive), E.L.F. and L'Oreal (except for their lipglosses). These all made me break out like crazy, and it itches, doesn't last long, not much product considering the price...I can go on and on. But you need to find what works for you; what works for others might/might not work for you, and vice versa.

Good luck!

• For your mascara, go for covergirl. They are the best there. For any foundation needs, go to Clinique. They really do have the best foundation on the market. If you want eyeshadow too, I believe MAC has the best. It`s a little pricey, but it`s worth it if you want a high quality eye shadow.

Hope this helped! Return the favor? :) My question: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=200911...

• i've got have been given no longer had a doughnut in constantly! i like Krispy Kreme on an identical time as the purple soft is on...mmm...*drools* I used to artwork for united statesand a Krispy Kreme replaced into on my direction. every time i could go in, that they had hand me a dozen and a milk. They enjoyed me!

• well dont worry about poking ur eye i thought that to but its really easy to put on. i love the hard candy brand at walmart its cheap......it just came out like a month ago.