smoking car problem?

Sometime when i start it up it sounds like its flooding and blows out alot of blue smoke. Especially when in 2nd gear it bogs down like the car is gonna shut off. Its a 88 Camaro IROC with a tuned port injection.

Comments

• you could have leakey injectors-- gummed up and not closing properly. have you been putting a few jugs of injector cleaner in with the gas fill ups??

It may leak a little oil in the pistons thru the valve stems.

In either or both cases its not serious,,,the car has a few miles on ot,,,but still you could do a couple of things to have it run better and i mean cheap repairs ,,,,, not over 100 dollars.

• I'll just say that blue smoke is oil, black smoke is fuel, and white smoke is water, if it clears after starting and running a few minutes it's probably your valve guide seals leaking oil down on top of your pistons, causing it to smoke until burned off and foul your plugs.

• well, i hate to give you bad news but that engine is burning allot of oil. you could have bad rings, valve stem seals or the pcv valve could be stuck open or unable to seal in th closed position. i tis time for a pcv valve and a cylinder leak down test.

• could be a number of things, like one of the 8(or more) sensors, but it sounds more like the catalytic converter may be plugged by the little amount of info.

• Quit buying it smokes and it will stop!