cosco car seat?

CAN I WASH MY SON'S CARSEAT ITS REALLY GROSS ?

Comments

• Different manufacturers have different rules. For example, Graco says absolutely do not submerge the harness straps in water. Britax allows you to do so, as long as you don't soak the straps.

I don't know for-sure what Cosco says; your best bet is to contact them. Dorel Juvenile Group is the parent company of Cosco, Eddie Bauer and Safety 1st, the website is www.djgusa.com.

Generally machine-washing a cover is okay, drying on low heat or air-drying. Carseat covers are treated with flame retardant, so sometimes the manuals say to hand-wash only, presumably to help retain some of the flame retardance. I usually wash my cover on gentle cycle and dry on low, though.

Straps are a more important thing to adhere to manufacturer's rules on, in my opinion. The harness webbing can be damaged by harsh cleaners or soaking in water. If a company says to go about it a certain way, I'd stick to that.

Good luck! I machine-washed and dried my Cosco Alpha Omega's straps before realizing how dangerous it was.

• Surprisingly, the Cosco Scenera is a top-rated seat right up there with Britax! Our boys were in an side-impact accident, the older boy was age 3 and rear-facing in the Touriva (similar to the Cosco), the baby was in an Evenflo Triumph 65. Both seats and both boys were fine. We have a car business, we lent out one of our cars with the Cosco Scenera inside. The man was side-swiped at the light flipping the car. We had three across, and the Cosco looked OK (we did get a new seat). The seat is great for a 'spare', and will be safe if installed correctly. In the truck, just make sure the airbag is turned off when her seat is in. We had one in the middle of our S-10 Chevy truck. We get our seats checked for fit through our local health dept.

• I have two Cosco Alpha and Omega carseats. I wash them often. Once you take the cover off once, it's pretty easy the next time.

• I think it depends on what type of Cosco car seat that you have. I own one, but haven't washed the cover yet.

• Read the instruction manual for instructions on how to remove the padding for washing.

I recommend taking a photo of the seat before you start pulling the straps out... you may need some kind of a reference when you put it back together.

• yes if it can come off. I know how dirty they can get. Some car-seats have easily removable lining, while others make it a pain in the but! But if you can remove absolutely wash away!!!

• Yeah...the cover should come off. You probably have to undo some elastics, and undo the straps. It's a pain, but it's worth it.