rescue a dog?

my neighbors have an adorable, perfect dog that their aunt rescued from katrina, but their aunt becaume very ill, so they have kept it for more than a year. i want to take her so badly because they are looking to give it a home, and they know i love her and would take such good care of her. my mom doesn't want a dog though, but my mom never even met the dog, and she doesn't seem to want to. the other pets in the house that is why she doesn't want to take her in is a parakeet that is able to fly around the house and land in its cage, which the dog might try and bite it, but it doesn't chase squirls, and a guinea pig that has it's cage on the floor in the kitchen. they were going to have people look at it that were eight hours away. i have a good chance that they won't take her because it is an active dog, and they are very into there jobs, but time is running out for me to be able to get her! please help it would mean the world to me if i got this dog!!!

Update:

the dog has very clean ears, doesn't shed very much, very trainable, doesn't bark, four years old, and has all of it's shots. it really is perfect and beautiful.

Comments

• I understand exactly where you're coming from. I fell head over heels for this gorgeous, sweet dog that I knew was for me. But of course, my parents wouldn't allow me to have her. It hurts to see them go to someone else. You need to make sure your parents know you are responsible for one thing. You need to prove that to them. But also, make sure they see you're - 'depressed' because you would soon be seperated from something very special to you if they didn't get the dog now. Make them see how much it means to you. Another thing you could do is ,if possible, move the guinea pig somewhere a dog couldn't reach. And with the bird - tell your parents a bird could get away from a dog. I'm sure they know dogs can't fly lol. Also, tell your mom the truth - that you would appreciate it if she only took just a couple of minutes of her time to see this dog.I wish you the BEST of luck and please post here soon the outcome of this situation.

Love,

Amy

• Unfortunately if you are underage and living with your mother you cannot bring the dog home against her wishes. Is there any way you could get her to meet the dog and see if she would fall in love like you have? If not, then I am afraid that moms word is the law. The best you can hope for is the dog will get a wonderful home. Maybe you can meet the new owners and get pictures of her. Good luck in persuading your mom to at least meet the dog, maybe she will fall in love!

• The bird should be fine, the dog isn't going to bother it. Just bring the dog home, it will grow on your mom and in your mom's heart. Good luck.

• While in your mother's house and under legal age, you should NOT go against your mother's will. If your mother says no then that should end it .

• do it it will make you feel better, and you will have a friend forever!

• what breed is it?