how do i go about becoming a paralegal?

i know that i have to go to school. but which option is better? a college, trade school, or online classes?

Update:

is there any one in the field that can help me. i need all the help i can get. also what is the salary for a paralegal?

Comments

• I've heard that paralegals generally need a bachelor's degree in something (as opposed to those certificate courses where those are the only credentials that the person has). I'm not sure if there is a need for paralegals or what exactly the pay is. I've been told that legal secretaries actually make a higher salary than the paralegal but I suppose that it's an individual's preference. I can post the website for the US Occupational Outlook Handbook in which one can look up different careers and find out the educational requirements, average salary (can depend on location of the establishment), working conditions and such.

I've also heard that the paralegal/legal assistant curriculum is very rigorous as well. It's a lot of reading, research and writing. Perhaps you can contact a law firm and ask about their paralegal(s). If you go to one of those schools that train paralegals whether it be a community college ('just' two year degree though), 4 year college or vocational-technical school, the academic advisor will most likely tell you what you want to hear and not that one needs a bachelor's degree and that there might not be a huge job market for them right now.

• Ya have to become a para student first at a para college is usally best, u need a 4 yr degree, take lots of para pre-law classes~