Marriage to a Filipina?

i have a friend who wants to know if he should marry a Filipina? i guess he is not that sure about the culture of Filipinos and their ways. His only dated white girls before and somehow this is new for him. What can you all say about this?

Comments

• Well it really depends, if your friend is an American basically there are plenty of differences but it will not make your friend to be in a state of culture shock.

Basically, Filipinos are hospitable, respectful to the elders, hard working, polite, fun to be with. Some of them are kinda conservative like no sex before marriage but your friend should not find any problem dating a Filipina.

But always the rule of thumb is never settle with a person until you really know her whether if it's a Filipina, American, Hispanic etc. So, take your time to know this person first.

• I am Filipina married to a white man. The best thing to do is to really know the girl. Women can pretend when dating.They are very nice in the first date. Date her more often, dont marry her yet. You have to know who she is, how she will respond to any situations, is she mature enough, is she violent, is she moody, etc. Ask and ask more questions, the background, know her family, her friends, everything.

• If your friend is really serious about this woman and the woman serious about her, he could read up on their culture as well as talking to her. He needs to know if their cultural beliefs are different to ours and if it will affect the marriage adversely. Its all very well to be in love, but a few years down the track maybe the cultural differences will cause friction within the marriage. Its better to find out now than to marry her then later find out the cultural differences are too great for him to handle.

• I'm Filipina and half Japanese. Born and raised American! Shouldn't be a prob at all for him to date a Filipina.

• Try dating first and get to know the culture and her family.

Other than that I had a Filipino girlfriend and she could cook....

Still live Filipino food to this day.

• her race has not something to do with this. I actual have considered this happen with couples who've toddlers from previous marriages. my mom's stepfather hated her and her brother, abused them for no reason and became loving and form to his own blood toddlers. my mom and her step father have been of the comparable race. it has extra to do with stages of adulthood and insecure thoughts than with race.

• If he is in love with her and she is in love with him - I highly recommend it! Works great for me!

• uhh sounds like he shouldnt because it is to soon and he should get to know her.