My laptop's power does not go above 80%?

I have a Samsung R519 model laptop.

It always stops charging at 80% its been with several power plans, windows 7 and vista.

What should i try to do?

Update:

I got it i had to press f2 when i booted the computer to go to BIOS then advanced and disable the power save thing

Comments

• A question if I may, do you constantly connect your AC/DC power adapter to your laptop at all times even though it is 100% charged?

If you do, then it is most likely that the battery is constantly being overcharged and as a result the battery's life span is being reduced; therefore, you may have to go get another battery to replace this problem and making a note to yourself not to overcharge the battery when it says 100% charged; otherwise you'll kill it.

If the above is not what you are experiencing; then if your laptop is still under warranty; you will need to contact the place of purchase and get an RMA done for the battery and/or follow the instructions given by them through the relevant department.

• Try remove the battery and charger/ac adapter/power cord from your Samsung R519 laptop, press and hold the power button for 20 seconds to discharge any residual current inside the laptop. This clears your RAM and is like a hardware reset. Replace the battery and charger/ac adapter/power cord and turn your laptop on.

If the problem persists, check if it's your laptop power cord or power source problem. Insufficient power might cause error messages that are misleading. Take the battery out and power on your Samsung R519 laptop with the charger only. Make sure your laptop power jack and charger plug tip are securely connected. Did you notice the power jack loose? You can find laptop power jack on ebay. Fixing and soldering the power jack requires professional skill though. Also the charger green/blue LED should be constantly on without blinking. If not, replace the defective charger. You can always find it on Samsung, amazon, ebay, or some other company like topmic.com. Topmic are the only few i know who offer lifetime warranty charger online.

Wish the Best

• You can try to run your laptop until the battery dead, then, without powering the laptop, plug the battery in and let it charge 8 hours. Has a chance to help but has a high probability of not helping at all.

• Try to check the battery. How long have you had it? If it's been long, the life of the battery may pretty much be done. Or is it brand new? The battery might be deffective. And if it was brand new, I'm pretty sure it should still have warranty. So try getting it replaced. Or if you need a new battery, just buy a new one. Either way, sounds to me like you need a new battery.

• Batteries last 3 years max so replace