Why do people hate emos?

Why do people hate emos? I'm an emo myself and at school (which i'm not in until september :D) whenever I bring in a black top or something on own clothes day I get alot of 'yucks' and 'euws'. Me & one of my friends are the only emos in our year, and then there's somebody in year 10 who's emo and that's the only emos in my WHOLE town that I know of. Nobody knows our secret yet.

But there's also alot of emo jokes going around my school and when you look emos up on the internet people say 'Why discuss something nobody likes?' and 'Why don't emos go make a cut that counts?'.

Most of us don't cut. I have cut once, but it was tiny, not deep and I did it by accident. Not entirely, though. I was going to cut but I didn't and I went to put it down and I had a youtube video open, it was a screamer and I jumped and tapped my skin with the knife.

We just dress differently and listen to different kinds of music. We don't all look on the dark side of life. Sure, I have alot of bad things that happen and I hardly ever see the positive side of life, but I hang around with my friends and can take an insult and laugh at it and i'm always up for a joke.

So why do people hate emos?

Update:

You guys are all listening to stereotypes. We're actually quite most of the time, not whiny.

Update 3:

Wow, you guys are all d*cks.

Comments

• "Emo" is not a subculture, nor a lifestyle at all. "Emo" is technically a music genre. And, just for the record, bands like My Chemical Romance, Mayday Parade and Black Veil Brides are *not* emo, nor are they goth. They're alternative pop at best. Look up *real* emo music and see what I mean.

Unfortunately, there is a ridiculous and rather generic fashion that has formed along side these crap pop bands that, for some odd reason, is labeled as "emo". Same goes for those ridiculous hair cuts with fringes that cover the eye to look "cool".

You guys don't "dress" differently and you don't listen to "different" music. You guys dress like the norm, and you listen to the most mainstream music that there is.

A lot of people who claim to be "emo" also claim to be "goth" which is very, very different in appearance, and musically, too. That brings a lot of dislike on them, by claiming to be something they don't even understand.

To sum it up, "emo" is fake. People who claim to cut and be "emo" are posers, and seeking attention.

• i'd say so......i'm no longer too positive because at my college the scene's imagine they are emo and mock each and every man or woman else who a lot as wears a decrease back t blouse. the authentic emo's save to themselves and dangle about with each and every man or woman no count number what clique and do not extremely hate extremely each and every man or woman. The scenes also imagine they are the skaters and punks besides so in a fashion they are the in straight forward words posers and anybody hates them........my colleges somewhat strange and on your question, certain =]

• Because Emos generally consist of whiny brats

• People tend to put people that they perceive different from the mainstream society in a box (stereotype) and a number of people tend to believe in the stereotypes society presents to them. The media is likely a culprit.

• How can someone hate something that is barely in style. You must grow out of this fad it's dead.

• Cuz they are annoying as fk and are just attention whoressss

• Because you're just another trendy attention whore. Grow up