Car insurance GAP Insurance - how do you ask?

I want to ask about GAP insurance but I do not want to look to guilty....what do you guys think?

Comments

• Dont feel guilty your agent will love it if you ask, and a little tip... Its usually cheaper with your auto policy than if you buy it somewhere else. ASK ASAP this is VERY important and no one will think the lesser of you! You are showing wise financial decision making, so good for you!

Also make sure if you have any improvements to your car such as sound systems and rims that you ask if you can endorse them. If you dont and they get stolen or broken, you will not get paid.

• GAP - guaranteed asset protection insurance. this is a must have for any car loan, as it will pay off the remaining balance of your loan (depending of course on your lending institution's terms and conditions) in the event where you have an accident and your car is totalled out by the insurance company only they don't pay you enough to pay off your loan. you should definitely not feel guilty about asking about GAP insurance, in fact a lot of banks will use this as an "up-sell" when they close a car loan. some banks even include GAP for free...I know State Farm Bank does. Don't feel guilty, feel smart!

• That question is not even relevant until the deal has been made. If you put enough down payment, then there won't BE a gap. This dealership is only trying to sell you insurance (and chassis undercoating, AND extended warranties, etc.) He wants you to commit to buying a product before you even know if you need it. How about a bottle of "wheel rounder" and a case of window transparency agent? Got a deal, this month on original manufacturer's antenna bobbers. You buy insurance from YOUR insurance agent. That person knows best what kind of coverage you need.

• why would you look guilty asking about GAP? GAP is a must to get