How do I get a passport?

Sometime next year, Me and a couple friends were going to go to Tokyo, and right after high school, I want to go to Europe.. I need a passport.

Comments

• If you're American, "Europe" is a loose term from the UK and vauge EU areas..

So, if you're in America - someone who is American will easilt tell you :)

If you're in the UK, though, you have to get a from from the registery office. For Scotland, this is Glasgow. You have to make sure that everything has been filled out absolutely right, and as they like it to be. Including any signatures, they *must* be within the box bit, with nothing going outside of it. If your Birth Registered name is not what everyone calls you,

e.g. (my e.g....) Catriona really, but always a "Katy", then you have to put Catriona. But your signature is your signature, mine is "Katy" and my surname, not "Catriona".

I think you can get a form from The Post Office, in the UK. I can't quite remember.

There's always a google search..... or yahoo search..

Have awesome times abroad, anyway :)

• In the US, you get it at a Post Office that is designated to take the application. Most can do the photos too, but you can have the Passport Photos taken somewhere else ahead of time. You need two Passport size Photos, so be sure to have them taken somewhere they know what size they need to be. You also need a Raised seal copy of your Birth Certificate (certified Copy), and a photo ID or Driver's License as well as a way to pay the now $135.00 for the Passport. You fill out the form there and they process it and forward it on to the Passport Office for your area (I think there are 3 or 4 across the US). It takes 4 to 6 weeks to get it back.

• I went to the post office to get mine.

http://www.usps.com/passport/

Make sure you have your birth certificate, passport photos & the necessary forms.

Check with your local post office as not all post offices do this.

There will be one close to you that does.

• u say please