Serious mistake or no big deal?

Okay I am a 17 year old senior in H.S and I was filling out an application for college. On the app they asked "How many people live in my household including me?" I accidently put one which is me only. When I should have put 5 for my mother and her 4 kids including me. So my question is was this a serious mistake. Because I can't be 17 years old living by myself. I don't want to look like a liar. I already submitted the app. All the other info is accurate except for that one thing I messed up on.

Also the application is not for my financial aid I don't submit that until Jan. 1, 2009.

Comments

• It is not a major error. You can. if you so desire. send a follow up letter correcting the number in the family./

• i woudnt think it to be a huge mistake. the question was how many ppl besides you live in the house.. you put 1.. there for making it look like you live with only ONE other person. if it comes down to it. if an when asked again...just fix it...or you can perhaps call and tell them...you know...i think i may have misunderstood one of the questions..about living arrangements..and jsut tell them you live with mom and 4 siblings...i dont think that is cause for any major worry or alarm...

• I belive that it is a mistake and they may look over it and see that you made a mistake.

• ooops! you'll have to wait and see. if they question it they will probably conntact you to see if that information is correct. if they do then just correct it for them.