Nitrous system for camaro?

I have a 94 camaro with Lt1 engine, moter swap in it.I have the lt4 hot cam kit installed in it and a k&m cold air intake as well... im thinking of putting some sort of nitrous in it... will i need any other engine mods before doing this

Update:

i am running straight pipe borja exaust system no cat and i do live in the mountians. so elavation is high.

Someone told me im shifting too soon, but i do not want to go over the red line on rpms ive sunk all my money into this car and do not want to blow it up

Comments

• Upgrade the fuel pump and have your ECM tuned for nitrous use.

You can run a 125 wet shot ALL DAY LONG on a LT1 and be perfectly fine...hell you CAN run that on a stock fuel pump but upgrade to something like a Walbro 255 just to be safe. You don't need to get bigger injectors or anything like that but you can just to be safe. The stock fuel system can handle a 100-125 shot...as can the motor itself. Running a 50 shot is absolutely pointless...AT LEAST run a 75 shot...but 100 will easily get you into the 12's.

I've done a ton of wet kits on LT1's and have yet to see someone blow it up on a 125 shot unless they got really stupid(like over revving or having barely any gas in the tank and have the pump run dry).

www.camaroZ28.com Plenty of LT1 guys running nitrous there...

EDIT: I'm thinking about something... why are your times so slow? Granted the LT4 hotcam isn't really anything special but unless you're at a high altitude your times are really, REALLY slow. Mid 13's from a cammed LT1 is horrible. If they're your only mods I'd suggest at least getting a catback, get the ECM retuned as well. I bet you'd be knocking on the 12's right there.

What are your exact times at the track?

• N20 is fun, fast and safe if use right. I myself recommend overkill for the fueling system cause thats where most people goes wrong.

If you go lean on the engine you might get detonation..

If you go lean on nitrous, you'll turn your v8 into a v7 or less, if you catch my drift. It will take out a piston or 3

Make sure your fuel system can handle the engine plus the nitrous. To do a 100 HP safe and worry free I say a bigger fuel pump, larger injetors, and a step colder plugs are needed.

Run no less than 93 octane

• no more then a 50 shot on the stock ecu and injectors. I would build an open exhaust first, upgrade the ecu, bigger injectors and work on the lt1 injection system before anything elso

• 50 hp fogger you wont need bigger injectors. the only time you need more fuel to cool the charge and not burn pistons if you are constantly doing passes. and or you run a 100 staged system. Look into NOS they cover it all

• I like the nos fogger, and you can get different HP upgrades, for a stock engine I would go higher the 100 hp, and you can also get a fogger stage

• I have to differ, depending on how much nitrous you run!

Too much of it with out bigger injectors and you can burn the tops out of the pistons.

• no just make sure ur exhaust can handle it