Pontiac Grand Prix a good car?

I am 18 and looking to purchase a 2008 pontiac grand prix base model V6

its got like 80,000 miles on it because it was a rental car. Pretty good shape, I like it a lot for the sporty feel. Is this a good car? I am aware they are out of business, but I think it was because GM struggled with all of their companies.

Comments

• the 08 pontiac has the series 3 engine better than previous model engines. remember a rental over that amount of time has probably had 50 or more drivers. pontiac out of business but can still get parts for it.for years to come. get a car fax report will need the vin# and see what the report says if it has been in any accidents and so forth. remember with a rental not my car so don't care about how its driven

• The Pontiac grand prix has never been a great car. The 3800 series engine that is most common in them is known to have problems with head gaskets and water pumps. 80000 miles is pretty high in 4-5 years (10-12k a year is considered average) also, used rentals tend to have a lot more wear and tear than a privately owned car. I think you could probably find something better in your price range.