Grade 5 piano exam in a few hours?

I am so nervous, I can barely breath:(

I make mistakes on my 3 pieces at home, so I'm scared they're going to be really really bad in the exam! I sometimes make false starts on scales and play the wrong notes. Also on the aural, I dont have a good memory to sing the playback, and I'm hopeless at finding the beat (2 time 3 time or 4 time) any help please?!

Comments

• Hey relax buddy! As far as finding the beat goes, you try to check the timing of the last note in the last bar. It's a guess though. As far as the scales are concerned, try to play them slowly first. Don't rush through. I know it's a bit hard. Don't lose hope. Practice a lot on your pieces. Check for the dynamics and all the markings. Read through every notation carefully. Don't get tensed, as you'll surely lose your confidence. Do well.. Good luck and practice well.

• For the beat, listen for the strong note. The first beat of the bar is always the strong beat. You should be able to hear whether this strong beat is one of two, or three, or four beats. It is part of the examiner's job to make you feel at ease so you will play your best. They know it is a stressful situation, and they can tell what is nervousness and what is simply lack of preparation. Now go in with a big smile, take a deep breath and shine !! Good luck !!

• Ngaws! Don't be nervous! Just relax, making you nervous will make you stuff things up. Just practice and practice before your Piano exam which is in a few hours. Just pretend that it's just a normal Piano lessons like any other day. Just PRACTICE AND PRACTICE!

• Simple! you are aware of all your negatives. Work more on it .