Texas or Oklahoma?

Which of these states do you prefer? Which would you move to considering cost of living, quality of life, educational systems, parks and recreation, friendliness and politeness of people, etc.?

I know these are quite a few factors to consider if you choose, but anyway... I'd choose Texas; in my experience, I think its people are friendlier (except for the drivers in Dallas and California natives in Austin.) Don't get me wrong, Oklahoma is probably the second friendliest state I've experienced. I just like Texas better.

Update:

I'm considering a move to one of these states. I've ruled out Austin, Dallas city and County, and Plano. Any other area I'm willing to consider. Thanks!

Comments

• Texas

• Yes, I'd definately choose Texas. They are friendlier and I think it's cleaner. I live in Oklahoma City, but I go to Fort Worth a couple times a year and I love it there. It just seems like there more to do.

• I live in Texas now (about an hour from Dallas) & it has grown on me but, I lived in Ok. for 10 yrs. & we are currently looking to go back to the OKC area (prefer Norman). The Norman schools far exceed anywhere I've ever lived!

• Well Im from Texas, so of course Im gonna pick Texas. I have lived in Houston, & El Paso...but I would not recommend El Paso...Houston was good. I actually loved it thier. Also San Antonio is nice...it depends on what your looking for. There are soo many places in Texas to choose from..but I loved Houston, plus it was 40 min. away from Galveston (beach)

• I lived in Texas for 28 years. I have lived in Dallas,Garland,Plano,Denton, Kaufman and Galveston. I now live in Oklahoma and I HATE it here. My parents moved to this area and my husbands family is here in OK...only reason I am here. I would not suggest OK at all. I have lived here for over two years now.

• Is it true that the only reason Texas doesn't fall into The Gulf of Mexico is .......because Oklahoma sucks? Or is it the other way around?

• My father is from Waco Texas. My mother, Tullahassee Oklahoma. Myself, Cincinnati Ohio. Sorry, can't help you.

• I love Oklahoma. Lived in S.W. (Lawton/Ft.Sill), Central (OKC) and N.E. (Tulsa), visited Texas quite a bit, but OKC was my favorite, the cost of living was the lowest there. And I really hated Tulsa.