maths percentage problem!!?

im 13 and im in year 8. next week i have my end of year exams but in the practise papers i have been given, there is one type of percentage problem that i cant work out how to do it!!

the question is...

in a group of 80 pupils, there are 44 girls. what percentage of the pupils are boys?

my brother worked a way out of working it but he couldnt do it the same way for the same question but different numbers!

really need help ASAP because i want a A or B mark!

thanks alot for any answers and stratagies you have for these type of questions. hannah :)

Update:

it is a none calculator exam so need an easier way than 36/80

thanksss

Comments

• If you have 80 pupils total and 44 of them are girls, subtract 44 from 80 to find the number of boys. This should equal 36 boys. Next, find the percentage of boys. This is shown below.

36/80 = .45

To turn this decimal into a percentage, multiply by a 100.

.45 x 100 = 45%

Hope this helped!

• You minus the girls from the total which leaves you with 36. Then divide 36 by 80 and multiply that by 100. Leaving you with 45%. Dividing the item you are wanting to know about by the overall total then multiplying by 100 works for all questions like this.

• 36 boys left out of 80. That is 45% boys

• 100/80 should give you how many people per 1% so then you just need to times that by 36 and heres your answer

• because of the fact till now each little thing £10.50 strengthen into the comparable as one 0 five%. yet then taking 5% from the recent determine is going to be distinctive from the 1st determine. in case you think of approximately it of direction 5% of £10.50 is different from 5% of £10