How do I become a Dental Hygienist?

I am a full time employee and have over 150 hours towards a Chemistry Degree, but would like to pursue a career in Dental Hygiene, So what would be me best route to pursue? Do I continue and try to get a BA in Dental Hygiene or do I do an online degree or do I go to an Community College and get an Associates? And would I get hired faster with an On-line Degree or in classroom Degree? or Does it really matter?

Comments

• As far as I know, there is no on-line degree for Dental Hygiene. You have to have clinical experience (actually working on patients) and that would be impossible on-line! I went to a community college and got a certificate in dental assisting first, and then applied to the Dental Hygiene program. After I completed that two-year program, I received my Associates degree and took the National Board exam (written) and the California State Board (practical) exam.

Since you already have college credits, it might be beneficial for you to continue on and get a BS in Dental Hygiene. It won't make you more "marketable", but it would allow you the options of teaching at some point or working in public health. Salaries in private practice are the same whether you went to a two-year or a four-year program, and there is no difference in your clinical training. Hope this helps, and good luck!

• No, because you desire a license, besides the fact that in case you have one from yet another u . s . a . its invalid by way of fact the exams are distinctive. by making use of the way the act will never get approved inspite of a democratic senate and residing house because Obama is against illegals. individually I comprehend the place he's coming from, its not not hassle-free to grow to be a citizen stop being an ******, and merely grow to be a citizen. we don't hate you, we annoyed because you dodge taxes, dodge drafts (if their is one), and don't make a contribution as an entire whilst sharing are luxuries. I my kin got here from eastern Europe throughout international conflict 2, as quickly as we reached ny we waited our time at Ellis Island suffering the two awful weeks to bypass. all your efforts are futile in any case getting a level right here does not circulate, i know because my mom is a hygienist and works with somebody born in (i think of) the Dominican Republic the place she grow to be an approved dentist, and had basically a hygienist license right here.

• Get your BA in Dental Hygiene. You will be more marketable.