Dog flatulence or gas problem?

My Alaskan Malamute is 7 and has recently got a bad gas problem. It's probably not more often that usual, but the smell is amazingly horrible. No major food changes... dry dog food and some people food, as always. Should I be worried about some other health problem??? Should she be on the Mature dog food? Thanks for your advice.

Comments

• I can tell if a dog is fed Pal/Pedigree just by the smell of its farts and so can most people that work in the vet industry. It is very poor quality.

So, what I'm saying is that the food can cause flatualance and gas, and the manufacturers may have changed their ingredients or supplier, so this may be the reason for the smell.

• We used to have a doberman that could clear out a room within seconds of passing gas. Since then I've found out that the liver based food we used to give her might have caused that. Also, put some plain yogurt on top of her food. A few tablespoons every day will help settle the stomach. It's worth a try.

As far as "mature" dog food. If she's overweight at all, it has less calories and will be better for her.

• Your dog could be picking up and eating rubbish in the park which would affect the smell of the gas. People food is not always a good idea if your dog has a sensitive stomach. A trip to the vet wouldn't hurt though. They can give the dog a prescription food if it is ill.

• oohhh, man, haha, my dog has the WORST most fowl smelling gas when i feed her mexican food... something about the spices just makes her bad..

try to change her dog food, do you hear her stomach growl/make funky sounds?

her food may not be agreeing with her.. try another kind of food and dont feed tablescraps

• I FOUND THAT CHARCOAL TABLETS... OR THE BLACK BISCUITS THAT CONTAIN CHARCOAL ARE AFFECTIVE AS THEY 'ABSORB' SOME OF THE GAS IN THE STOMACH.... MAYBE A CHANGE IN THE DIET IS NEEDED, A LESS RICH DIET MAYBE

• could be the treats u give him I know rew hides are bad for my dog .