Homemade mashed potatoes?

how do you make homemade mashed potatoes.......not to put in the microwave......but on stovetop... and i have no milk....can i use evaporated milk...and if so....how much?

Update:

I HAVE NO MILK...CAN I USE EVAPORATED MILK? IF SO...HOW MUCH?

Comments

• Carnation® Mashed Potatoes

SUBMITTED BY: Nestle® Carnation®

"A great side dish! Use evaporated milk to make the creamiest mashed potatoes your family has ever tasted."

Original recipe yield:

6 servings

PREP TIME 15 Min

COOK TIME 20 Min

READY IN 35 Min

US METRIC

SERVINGS About scaling and conversions

INGREDIENTS

* 2 pounds potatoes

* 1 cup NESTLE® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk

* 1/4 cup butter or margarine

* salt and pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS

1. PLACE potatoes in large saucepan. Cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook over medium-high heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender; drain.

2. RETURN potatoes to saucepan; add evaporated milk and butter. Beat with hand-held mixer until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.

• Okay figure a potato per person.I don`t know how many servings you need,so I can`t give exact measurements.Peel,and cube the potatoes.Add to cold water.Bring to a boil.Add salt and pepper.Boil for 15 minutes or until tender.Drain.Place back in pot with burner off.Leave on the burner for a few minutes to dry up any leftover water.Now,mash them well.Add some milk and butter.The quantity of milk will depend on how thick you like them.You can stop here and you will have wonderful mashed potatoes,or if you want to take it to the next level,you can add some sour cream and chives,shredded cheddar,or roasted garlic.You can also boil the potatoes in some chicken stock if you want,or add some at the end while you are adding the milk and butter.

• I peel my potatoes first and cut them up. I salt the water very well and add pepper to the water too. Then when they are done I drain them and put them back in the pot, add butter and milk (sometimes 1/2 and 1/2), salt, pepper and a little sugar. Then I either mash them with a masher or for fluffy light potatoes mix them with a beater (eclectic mixer)... That gets rid of all the lumps.

YUM! Now I want some!

• wash and scrub brown or red skin potatoes then dice and put in water which u put on stove and let come to boil check potatoes to make sure tender like a fork can go right through then drain put back in same pot no water of course then mash with a fork or masher and add heavy cream or milk or sour cream to the potatoes and then add some cheddar for flavor a whole 8 oz packet shredded and blend well then serve its great and tasty and nutritious

• Evaporated Milk will be fine. depending on how much potatoes you're making will depend on how much to use.

When i make them from scratch, i wash/scrub my potatoes and peel them. You dont need to peel them if you dont want to. After that boil them in water, they can be cut up in chunks or whole. Chunks are easier to mash. Boil for at least a half hour to an hour, or until they are soft enough to be mashed.

You dont really need to put milk in homemade potatoes, it just makes them creamier. After mashing your potatoes add your seasonings and then you've got homemade potatoes.

• peel the potatos rinse them well cut them up put them in a pot of water, boil the water until the potatos are soft (stick a knife in them, if it goes in easy they are done) then add butter and the evaporated milk (first mix it with the water like the instructions say to make it a liquid) add these to taste and desired consitency. and youre done!

• I DON'T peel my potatoes. Just cut them up boil them till you can stick them with a fork. Then mash them up with garlic, sour cream and butter!!! My Mom always makes me make them cause I do it the best. =)