Is a Patent necessaary?

Patents cost from 10 to 15k and wondering if it be ok to just create my product go to a manfacturer. Start producing them. And then advertise and sell them without a patent.

I mean to be serious if a big company did in fact steal my idea and started doing the same thing even if I did have a patent I still wouldnt be able to fight their hundreds of lawyers.

So is it better to just brand myself and start selling?

Comments

• I have heard something to he effect that one may have a year to retroactively patent a product IF the were the first to market, getting it made and sold before your suppliers rip you off may be a milestone.

Sorry I don't recall where I heard this but it's something to research.

Establishing a strong brand name and being the first on the market would at least allow you to claim the "Original" in adverts.

Lots of people pay invention assistance services some $4000 to launch what turns out too often to be a loser idea, they lose due to their own unrealistic expectations.

• A patent is completely optional. You can, however, "reserve" your rights to a future patent filing by filing a "provisional application" in some countries (such as the USA), which may cost as little as $65. That gives you up to a year to find investors who would pay for your invention or your entire company or at least pay for the process of obtaining a patent.

Yes, you have discovered that patents are difficult to obtain or to enforce. What you might not know is that "the big boys" get thousands of patents issued every year and then "trade" in the cross-licensing of the rights rather than suing each other and taking the risk that (a) they might lose and (b) some or all of their patent might be ruled invalid, like Edison's light bulb patents were.

• How about filing a Provisional Application for Patent for $65?

Do you have the time to take advantage of what the Feds are giving you for a low cost?

While I have the EXACT answer for you but there are folks who read my answers that tell you EXACTLY how to do what you want and delete them. Mostly lawyers and the like who do not want you to save money by doing things yourself.

So go to the USPTO website and see if you can figure it out without any assistance like everyone else tells you to do. I PROMISE you the US Government can NOT make anything easy. Not even the 1040-EZ tax forms. You need help and you can find it on YouTube by searching for Provisional Patent Video and see what you find. Or, search the term "Provisional Patent Video" and see what you find.

Sorry for not putting links but when I do my answer will get deleted.

Sadly too is the interns who REVIEW deleted answers are numb to the point where they do not even read what the question was and the answer. As such YOU LOSE because you do not benefit from reading answers and making that decision yourself.

My answers tell you how to take advantage of the Provisional Application for Patent, PPA, and I also have a link to a free NDA that you can use and modify.

I have a Provisional Patent Video Course that you can review and some folks use the link to go directly to the USPTO's website and file on their own.

The USPTO charges you $65 to file a PPA that gives you "Patent Pending"

Is that cool or what! The answer to your dreams! So google "Provisional Patent Video" and you will find the answer!

PM me and I will give you EXACT details so you may benefit and decide for yourself..