Newborn - Umbilical Hernia?

My son is 7 weeks old. At his 1 month visit the doctor said he has an umbilical hernia and didnt seem the least bit worried. I did some research and found out it's pretty normal in babys and usually heals itself by 4 years old. What worried me was the problems that it can cause with the intestines.

I was told that as long as when it is pushed in it stays in for awhile that you have no reason to worry. But my sons belly button is constantly protruding. Just as well it says if the stomach is full and round that is a sign of something bigger. I cant tell if my baby is just plump (as he should be at this age) or if it is something I should worry about.

Any thoughts are helpful IF you have something serious to say.

**AN UMBILICAL HERNIA IS DIFFERENT FROM A NORMAL HERNIA. Please dont say anything if its not going to be USEFUL

Comments

• I think he'll be fine, I am pretty sure that the round stomach refers to signs of lack of naturional needs, like the Africas in the national geographic, if the docotrs says he's good and he eats, poops and pees he'll be good.

• My nephew had an umbilical hernia and it only went away. i think of because of the fact of this the checklist suggested you will no longer ought to trouble approximately it till kindergarten.. this is going to in all possibility be long previous by ability of then.