is chico a good name for a dog?

see we got a new dog and i thought of naming him chico its a guy

Comments

• I think it's a great name, it means 'boy' in Spanish. I always try to wait a while before naming a pet until I see what kind of personality it has and then it the name just comes. He will have his name all his life, so I like to pick something that suits his character and temperament! Good Luck!

• Chico means man/boy/guy in Spanish, so maybe if its a female dog that would be weird. I had a dog once named Peter, I know thats pretty odd, but it stuck. I wouldnt worry too much, Chico sounds like a good dogs name. Any name works great for a dog, heck call him John, its all the same.

• If it is a male that is fine. Otherwise Chica or Chiquita might be better! ;)

One or two-syllable names are usually the best for dogs. We have a dog named Beethoven but since he is deaf it really doesn't matter what we call him, as long as we don't call him late for dinner. Actually we shorten it to Beta a lot of the time.

• Yes, I think it's cute. I think my friend's dogs name is chico

• Dose Chico fly.....

• It means "little" in Spanish. Seems like a good name to me.

• Guess what? If you like the name, it's a good one. That's how you know whether something is 'good' or not.

• I like it go for it