becoming a dog clothes designer?

i love dogs and i love fashion and i see a very big clientele for the dogs clothes which is becoming a big Business as all the rich and famous have begun to dress there dogs so there fans copy and then so on so i have decided to become a dogs clothes designer i have a friend who owns a boutique for dog things who will buy most of the clothes or i may ope my own so has anyone got a few tip for me on what qualifications i need how much i would make tips on the hottest trends for dog clothes and opening my own dog boutique what i should sell and things like that anything which will help

i appreciate anything

Comments

• dogs have a coat that they were born with people who dress there dogs up need a life and if you want to open a shop sell dolls clothes

• eh... sometimes there are LEGIT reasons for dressing a dog. I have a hairless dog and clothes are a requirement.. I see many short coated dogs and sighthounds with at least blanket coats on for winter also.

Best advice I can give.. talk to people who own various breeds and find out what they'd like out of clothes..

I can tell you my Crested is not an itty bitty pocket dog.. many store bought clothes do not fit, he has a deeper chest.. I like clothes that look good, but also functional.. if it cannot keep him warm, its useless to me.. bonus if the clothing has a D-Ring and can also function as a harness.

Sometimes its hard to find nice clothes for male dogs. There's plenty of dresses for female dogs, but most stuff you see for males is things like hawaiian shirts or printed tees.

Also keep in mind when choosing materials.. you will want materials that will feel good on the skin of hairless dogs, and not break coats on longer-coated dogs... also keep in mind of materials that tend to cause allergies.

Some people may just want something thats easy on/off for trips outside to potty in the winter.

• I think this is a pretty good idea, and I love your enthusiasm. But make sure you have the MONEY, connections, and designing skills to become a big business even talk to people already.

I'd probably buy the obvious dog clothes and collars, leashes, bowl etc.

• under no circumstances. It doesnt count number what share cases you breed it to a canine of the comparable mixture.. its no longer seen a purebred till it breeds actual for no less than 6 generations.. breeding actual means that it comes out with predictable features and features... Breeding a "whatsadoodle" back to a distinctive "whatsadoodle" will nevertheless no longer produce domestic dogs with the comparable features, they nevertheless carry genes for each breed in its historic past and have the capability to produce domestic dogs that would desire to choose the two breed... it takes generations of selective breeding, learn of genetics, line breeding, etc to end breeding some thing that breeds actual. people who're breeding those mixes are breeding for earnings and to no longer purposly create some thing with particular features.. maximum of those clothier canines are only F1 and F2 mixes. extra There are registries that know a number of those mixes, yet they at the instant are not authentic registries.. ACA, APRI, Continental KC, etc are all puppy mill registries.. they exist soley to place "papers" on a canine that's no longer eligible for registry via a great club. only because of the fact there is "a" registry that acknowledges them, does no longer recommend its a purebred. no longer all breeds are the outcomes of combining breeds.. lots of the previous breeds have been universal from selectively breeding the kin canine because it become conventional. think of roughly it.. no longer all purebreds can result from mixing breeds.. you will desire to ascertain some breeds first! whilst all AKC canines are purebreds.. having AKC attractiveness isn't what defines a canine as a purebred. there are various different respected registries available that know breeds which at the instant are not AKC known.. there additionally are some uncommon working breeds that are basically known by technique of their very very own breed club. Gaining attractiveness with a registry isn't what defines a purebred canine. What defines a purebred is once you reliably get predictable features and features for no less than 6 generations. i will breed a poodle to a poodle and understand that i will get the curly poodle coat.. there is no guessing if it could have a poodle coat, or a wirey terrier coat. i will breed a dachshund to a dachshund and understand that the domestic dogs will come out with short legs and long backs.