Does video games effect my health?

OK os my mother is insanely retarded and ever since i got this cough which was like two weeks ago my mother says that im getting sick from to much video games.

But she does not know it that she doesn't even let me ALOT.

i only get to play thursdays after 300 pm, friday, saturday, sunday, and holidays which isnt that much seeing how all my friends play every day.

and i only do 1-2 all nighters a month.

Comments

• You can get bad eyesight from it.

If you have a cough you most likely have a cold or the flu or a stomach bug or something. There is no way a computer or console or TV can make you cough.

• Learn grammar. You mean, "Do video games affect my health?" Or you could say, "Do video games have an effect on my health?"

BTW go outside and do something. The video games probably didn't cause your cough, but find some outdoor activities.

• THE RADIATION WILL FRY YOUR BRAINS AND GIVE YOU CANCER! Jks, that's what my mom tells me. There's no way they affect your health. Look at the Wii fit! Btw, it doesn't affect your eyesight, first person games have been proven to help sharpen images and helps prevent degrading vision as you get older...I read that somewhere..

• Video games cannot directly damage your health, but the part where you stay up ALL night may have something to do with it.

• well playing video games directly you won't catch a cold from your xbox but sitting around without exercise might do it

• 'you should respect you're mother orders' yeah right if was my grandmother man don't lisen to her video games are bad only for the eyes but nothing more :)

• well it dosent affect health but it does nothing nutritional, physicle or mental so

technacly ya but i do it anyway

• yes beause you just sit down and look up