Acer Crystal Eye Webcam?

My dad got an Acer laptop for me but the webcam is not working because when the laptop crashed, our computer help guy had to reinstall Window's Vista. I tried to open the webcam but it said that the camera could not be found. I have read that I should reinstall the program after uninstalling the old one but I'm not sure if that is right? And if it is, i don't know where I could do that?

Update:

I went to the website and followed all those instructions, but when I got to the "Select Your Model/Product" they didn't have it. I have an Aspire 8920 but I didn't see it. Is there another model like mine that I could choose to get the Crystal Eye cam that would work??

Comments

• If you go to Control Panel, Device Manager you can see whether the webcam's driver is installed or not as it will have a yellow exclamation point next to it if it is not installed (as will any other devices whose drivers have not been installed).

In which case, go to www.acer.com, click on Support & Downloads, on the next screen click Downloads, then on the next screen select your Location from the pull-down list.

On the next screen click Downloads, then on the next screen select Product Line: Notebooks, select your notebook model from the pull-down and click Search.

This will take you to a list of drivers available for your notebook. If you know what camera your notebook has, download and save the appropriate Vista (not Vista 64!) driver, unzip it and run its Setup program. Also from here you can download and save drivers for any other devices showing in Control Panel as not installed.

Acer sometimes fit different webcams to the same model so you may have to look for any drivers that refer to a web camera, such as "CCD Suyin...." or "Bison Camera" or ""Acer Crystal Eye..." and download and save each one. Then unzip each one in turn and try running its Setup program. If it runs successfully then try using the webcam. Otherwise unzip the next driver you downloaded and run its setup.

Good luck!

• OK i have an acer aspire 5520 with the crystal eye webcam. It happened to me when i added pix to my pix folders. I called and they had me go int the file and delete something. It still doesn't work right unless i use webcam on line..But i looked on line and they gave me a update for the program. Through the windows update so give that a try...

• if you just reinstalled vista you have lost the driver vista does not install it lucky for you i run an acer with crystalclear clear web cam so i know where the drivers are http://support.acer-euro.com/drivers/notebook/as_5... use that link it takes you to site where all drivers can be found