How do I import videos directly from my camera onto windows movie maker?

My mom uninstalled my program for successfully uploading photos and videos onto my computer, because she thought it was a virus. Well, now I can't find my canon CD to download the program again, but I can still manage to upload pictures through my Corel Paintshop by choosing the "import from camera" option. But only my PICTURES show up as options to click to upload into my photoshop, so I figure that windows movie maker would probably be the better bet. But when i click import video, it sends me to my folders. I need to know where there's an option anywhere to import videos DIRECTLY from the camera plugged into the USB on the computer. Thanks. =]

Comments

• Since you did not tell us which camcorder, we have no way to help you. Please post a new question - with the camcorder manufacturer and model number information - and re-ask the question.

• If it's a minidv camcorder, you need a firewire connection.

If it's a minidvd camcorder you have to convert the files using a file converting program like http://www.handbrake.fr/ (free download).

If it's a hard disc, then download using the USB cord.

If it's a flash drive, you can either use a card reader or USB and copy and paste the photo's from the card to the file of your choice.