how do you remove adhesive tape(residue) from window seals?

I use the the double sided tape. to stop wind from coming through my windows and now I have removed it but left sticky residue on the painted window seal. Please help with the cheapers way to remove it. I need answer by sunday(april 20)

Update:

the windows are anodized and they actually the covering actually scrapes off. I have to pick some one and I am not sure. cause I didn't even do it

Comments

• try paint thinner or de-natured alcohol or Goo-gone

• I'm partial to a product called "Oophs". It is really good for removing adhesive residue from tape and tags. It also will remove latex paint from surfaces where you don't want it.

Goo-Gone is a similar product and it works well also.

• I have used rubbing alcohol as an adhesive remover for years - and haven't ruined anything. It removes tape adhesive from walls, to band-aid adhesive on a finger. I bet you already have some and can get the adhesive off no problem!

• Goo gone will remove sticky residue from any surface - even crystal - and you don't need much. Wet it, rub it, rinse it.

• Goof Off or Goo Gone is made for this. It works very well. Home Depot or Lowe's has it. Also, Hardware Stores.

• There is this great stuff called...Goo Gone. Its great, I use it at work on the file cabinets to get the labels off, at home, om picture frames when they put the price tag right on the glass...it's great!

• it sounds daft but the best thing i have ever found to remove the residue is lighter fluid it takes a bit of elbow grease but it does work 100%!

• De-natured alcahol works extremely well.