what os do you use?

1.mac (tiger) (leopard)

2.linux (ubuntu)

3.windows (me) (2000) (xp)

i love mac out of them three, to be fare i hate and will never use pc's

Update:

is there no mac users on yahoo answers apart from me :(

Comments

• Well, being a computer engineer, I prefer a powerful OS with many different tools at my disposal. I also prefer to have an OS that I can bend and shape to my fancy, therefore, Debian Linux is my weapon of choice. Although, for other people, Linux is very hard to understand and comprehend the different concepts thrown at you immediatly upon installation.

For people who really don't like to problem solve, and just want to use the computer for enjoyment, MAC is the most user friendly operating system.

Windows is a mix of power and user compatability that can often lead to disatisfying consequences for either types of users, but also can be just perfect for the average computer user who would like to keep learning, but not be an expert. Also, with Windows being the most popular OS, there are much more ways in which vulnerabilities can be exploited, whether or not it is whithin Windows itself, or a particular peice of software on the machine. Windows is trying to move to a more user friendly atmosphere, which you can see in Vista.

• DR Dos – MS Dos – From Vic 20 to OMG I got a 486 DX2 66 with a 13 inch vga monitor!!!

Windows 3.1 – Over glorified Spades Gaming System

Windows 95 – Blue Screen of Death anyone?

Windows 98 – Still 95, but looks way better!!! (fail)

Windows 98 SE – Holy crap, I think they got it!!!

Windows ME – Nope, I spoke too soon…

Windows 2000 – Best operating system yet!!!

Windows XP Home – this is an operating system?

Windows XP Pro – ahhh crap, I’m going back to 2000

Windows XP Pro SP2 – The only Windows operating system

I will probably want to own.

Windows XP Media Edition – WTF?

Windows Vista (all versions) and I didn’t think anyone could choke harder than the Oklahoma Sooners.

Next Windows Operating System – In the works because it’s a KNOWN fact that Vista flopped and everyone is going back to XP Pro.

Mac users – Apple IIs – hahahahahaha….I have no words. Today..Pricey..but why?

Linux/Unix – Most people wouldn’t/couldn’t understand…..But better than anything out there….Period

• XP Pro SP3

Vista Ultimate x86 and x64

Gave up on Ubuntu, and had a Mac 6 for about 2 weeks.

• I use MAC OS 10.3 on a home-built PC,

Windows Vista x86 Ultimate on three PCs

Ubuntu Linux on my laptop

Dual Boot Vista Ultimate and Ubuntu on my main desktop

Windows XP SP3 on three other PCs (Wife and Kids)

Windows Home Server

BeOS on an old Pentium III

• Mac is good if you want a simple, get-to-everything interface. Its also a decent OS, with lots of editing programs. Not a lot of games for it though, which makes buying games expensive and hard.

Linux is for the hardcore user. If you know how to program, its a good OS to use because then you can make it VERY efficient to your needs.

Windows is just an all around OS which everyone is familiar with and has decent power.

I am currently using Windows XP Home and will eventually upgrade to Vista after they get it running better with less bugs

• XP Pro 32 SP3 on four machines and Vista Ultimate 32 on the other.

I just reread that. If you hate PCs, why do you care?

• Windows Xp & Vista Home Premium =]]

xx

• XP pro ... I dont intend to use Vista until they iron out the bugs

• I use Mac OS X 4.11 (Tiger) and I have two macs

A iMac G3 (Slot loading)

and a Powermac G4 (blue)

(I hate PC'S as well)

• I use to use windows xp, but now I use vista ultimate..