car sometimes doesnt start but shows no codes?

i plugged in my machine that detects code n it shows nothing... what could it be ?

Update:

and also at times it will choke a l ittle before it finaly turns over to start.. and at times it chokes then turns over but doesnt start at all.. or after the 4 th time trying... there is no weird smells or vibration of any kind and is working normaly once its turn on...

Comments

• If you could provide the vehicle information, (Year, Make, Model) you could get an answer worth typing.

Please update your vehicle info.

ADDED: The vehicle info. makes all the difference in the world.

Replace the CKP (Crankshaft Position) sensor and your intermittent no start condition will be cured.

NOTE: A faulty CKP is very common on this vehicle. Quite often, they do not set a code.

• Who can say without looking? You haven't even said if it turns over without starting or if it doesn't crank at all. Apart from that some cheap OBDII modules don't read the fault codes, I have a useless one like that.

• there is alot of things that will not show up on a computer.. Knowing make and year of car and motor is what you should have said also. even the regin of where you live can effect a car and to trouble shoot it . a bad distrubuter cap will cause this problem . also bad plugs will also cause this problem and they will not show up on a scanner.

• It code be dirty or loose battery connections but unless you give more information, you'll only get guesses.

What does the engine do when you try to start it.

• fuel pump, fuel filter